Casting appreciation gif.
This seriously pisses me off because TWO men of the “correct” ethnicity/race were asked to play the role of Khan. I don’t remember their names because this back when Into Darkness was in casting yo but they BOTH DECLINED.
So there’s a HUGE difference between “well, we asked the best in the business and they both said no, so we should go with another actor of the ‘incorrect’ race who is also very well suited for the role” and doing what the Hunger Games did which is literally only let white girls audition for Katniss.
When actors decline there is fuckall you can do. It’s shitty, no doubt, that Khan ended up being white, but BC did a great job in the role, while knowing he was third choice. I won’t begrudge him for taking it, and I won’t begrudge the casting crew for going with him after their best actors declined.
Here are eight foods/meals/ideas that we make ALL the time, especially with warmer weather coming. These take very little prep time, minimal ingredients, and have staying power. I think I consumed at least half of these in the last week! If you want staple food ideas beyond salads & tacos (my mainstays), try a couple of these out this summer :)
- almond parmesan, perfect for pasta & salads
- balsamic chickpeas
- tofu canadian bacon - if you hate tofu or have never tried it, you should start here
- simple flatbread, on which we make pizzas with at least once weekly
- caramel corn
- chocolate peanut butter cream, a fridge staple for me in the summer
- pimm’s cups morning noon and night ;P
- watermelon ice cubes, a freezer essential in the summer
And that’s the most frustrating thing about depression. It isn’t always something you can fight back against with hope. It isn’t even something — it’s nothing. And you can’t combat nothing. You can’t fill it up. You can’t cover it. It’s just there, pulling the meaning out of everything. That being the case, all the hopeful, proactive solutions start to sound completely insane in contrast to the scope of the problem.
It would be like having a bunch of dead fish, but no one around you will acknowledge that the fish are dead. Instead, they offer to help you look for the fish or try to help you figure out why they disappeared.
You know when you read something that’s so accurate that you don’t know how to words?
So glad this was brought back.
Derek either be doing one of three things in that commercial
- Picking Issac up from school
- Getting rid of a body in the woods
- Flashing the headlights at Scott and Allison as they try to make out in the woods, get out of the car and say “It’s a school night”
*CLICK* I SEE YOU GUYS *CLICK CLICK* YOU SHOULDN’T BE DOING THAT *CLICKCLICKCLICK* GET TO BED RIGHT NOW.
IN YOUR OWN BEDS. *CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK*